Below are some general best-practices when terminating an employee. Keep in mind, however, that most states have their own employee’s rights laws that may affect an employer’s ability to terminate an employee, or may require an employer implement additional protocols when doing so. Each employer should be mindful of any applicable State or local laws.
Announcements & Resources
- How to Prevent Occupational Noise Exposure on Your Construction Site
- Protecting Lone Workers on Your Construction Jobsite
- Recognizing and Controlling Static Electricity Hazards on Your Jobsite
- Understanding OSHA’s Reporting Guidelines for COVID-19 Infections
- Contractors in Hard-Hit Michigan Must Be Mindful of OSHA’s COVID-19 Recordkeeping Requirements
- Screening Employees for COVID-19