A.J. grew up all over the world as the son of an Air Force Serviceman. He has been involved in the construction industry for the majority of his life. He was an assistant project manager for one of the largest masonry contractors in the southeast region, working his way up from a general laborer.
Prior to joining Cotney Construction Law, A.J worked as a summer associate at boutique law firm in Nashville which focused solely on construction litigation and whose clients consisted of general contractors, subcontractors, developers, architects, engineers, and material suppliers.
- Carson-Newman University, B.A.
- Lincoln Memorial Univeristy Duncan School of Law, J.D.
- Cotney Construction Law, Brentwood, TN, Law Clerk July 2018 – Present
- Smith, Cashion, & Orr PLC., Nashville, TN, Law Clerk, May 2017 – August 2017
- Wasco Inc, Knoxville, TN, Assistant Project Manager, July 2016 – January 2017
- 4th Judicial District Attorney General’s Office, Sevierville, TN, Law Clerk, June 2016 – August 2016
- Honorable Judge A. Ben Strand, Jefferson County General Sessions Court, Dandridge, TN, Student Intern, July 2012 – December 2012
Selected professional and Civic Activities
- Federalist Society
- Black Law Students Association
- Lincoln Memorial University, Dean’s List: 2017, 2018