Andrea Martinez joined Cotney Construction Law in 2019. She is licensed to practice law in California & Florida and has experience in general civil litigation, including breach of contract, first party recovery, subrogation, tenant-landlord disputes, and foreclosure.
Andrea earned a Bachelor of Art in Political Science with a minor in Business Administration from the University of Florida in 2012 and a Juris Doctorate from the University of Miami in 2015. While waiting for State Bar results in both Florida and California, Andrea volunteered for legal services in Clearwater, Florida, and then in San Diego, California.
During Andrea’s time in law school, she was a judicial extern for the Honorable Michael G. Williamson at the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Middle District of Florida. Additionally, she earned the CALI Excellence for the Future Award in the University of Miami Tenants’ Rights Clinic and became a member of the Society of Bar & Gavel—an honor society dedicated to exemplary character, service to others, positive attitude, and leadership. In her free time, she mentored and tutored at risk teens through Empowered Youth.
Andrea speaks English and Spanish fluently.
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., May 2015
- University of Florida, B.A., June 2012
- Cotney Construction Law, Tampa, FL, March 2019 – Present
- Clerkin, Sinclair & Mahfouz, LLP, San Diego, CA, 2018 – 2019, Associate Attorney
- Think Dignity, San Diego, CA, 2017, Law Clerk
- Legal Aid Society of San Diego, San Diego, CA, 2016 – 2017, Volunteer
- Albertelli Law, Tampa, FL, 2015 – 2016, Associate Attorney
- Gulfcoast Legal Services, Clearwater, FL, 2015, Volunteer
- The State Bar of California Wiley W. Manuel Certificate for Pro Bono Legal Services, May 2017
- Supreme Court of Florida Pro-Bono Lapel Pin Recipient, January 2016
- The State of California
- The State of Florida
- United States District Court, Northern District of Florida