Dowlin grew up in the Tampa Bay Area. He enlisted in the United States Army in 2005 and served two year-long deployments to the Middle East. Upon returning from active duty, Dowlin continued his career in the Army Reserve and returned to the Tampa Bay area to work for a construction company that specialized in restoration construction. Dowlin worked in several positions from the front office to the field and spent much of his time as an estimator and project manager on projects including historic restoration, concrete repair, waterproofing, sealants, and coatings.
After years in the concrete repair and waterproofing industry, Dowlin decided to pursue a career in law. He continues to serve in the United States Army Reserve. Now, Dowlin uses his experience in the construction industry combined with the analytical skills and work ethic he developed in the military to serve his clients at Cotney Construction Law.
- Stetson University College of Law, J.D.
- Saint Leo University, B.A.
- Cotney Construction Law, Associate Attorney, 2019 – Present
- United States Army Reserve, Geospatial Intelligence Technician, 2010 – Present
- Restocon Corporation, Estimator & Project Manager, 2010 – 2016
- United States Army, Geospatial Intelligence Analyst, 2005 – 2010
- Florida Bar
Honors and Activities
- Recipient of Frederick B. Karl Veterans Scholarship
- Volunteer, Wills for Warriors