Grant Dostie joined the team at Trent Cotney, P.A. in January 2017. Grant has been involved in the construction industry his entire life, due in part to being raised in a family of residential homebuilders. Grant’s grandfather moved his family in 1958 from Canada to Jacksonville where he established Dostie Builders, one of the most reputable new home building companies in Jacksonville. Grant’s father and two uncles continued the family legacy and each run their own successful construction companies ranging from residential home construction to underground piping and road construction.
Because of these experiences, Grant learned the trade at a very young age. Throughout high school and while in college, Grant served on construction crews performing framing, concrete, land development, and a variety of other new home construction work. He began as a laborer and worked his way up to a foreman position, to ultimately get his contractor’s license. Grant is a certified residential contractor in the state of Florida.
Grant began his legal career as a licensed Florida attorney at a prominent foreclosure firm where his practice focused on the representation of national banks in real property litigation through all stages of the judicial foreclosure process as well as contract-related matters. Grant continues to utilize his diverse legal and construction related background in his representation of clients with Trent Cotney, P.A.
- Florida State University College of Law, J.D.
- Florida State University, B.S., cum laude
- Trent Cotney, P.A., Tampa, Florida, Associate Attorney, January 2017-present
- Albertelli Law, Tampa, Florida, Associate Attorney, November 2015- November 2016
- Ausley & McMullen, P.A., Tallahassee, Florida, Law Clerk, September 2013– May 2015
- Spielberger Law Group- Tampa, Florida, Law Clerk, May 2014- August 2014
- Dostie Homes, Jacksonville, Florida, Land Developing Crew Supervisor, 2008- 2012
Honors & Activities
- Deans List: 2013, 2014
- Golden Key International Honour Society (top 15% of graduating class)
- The National Society of Collegiate Scholar
- Phi Eta Sigma Honor Society
- FSU College of Law Pro Bono Service Certificate
- Business Law Society
- Real Estate Law Society
- Sigma Chi Fraternity
- “Getting Your Contractor’s License: Navigating the Application Process,” Florida Roofing, June 2017
- “What is a Qualifying Agent?” Florida Roofing, July 2017
- Florida Bar
- Florida Certified Residential Contractor (License No. CRC1331640)
- OSHA 10-hour safety training certification, License Number 19756654
- OSHA 30-hour safety training certification, License Number 19735931
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Emerge Tampa Bay
- Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division
- Florida Bar Real Property, Probate Law Section