Trent Cotney routinely represents general contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, manufacturers, architects, engineers, developers, and others in the construction industry in a variety of matters. Trent is the General Counsel for the National Women in Roofing (NWIR), the Florida Roofing & Sheet Metal Association (FRSA), Florida Irrigation Society (FIS) and the Florida Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Association (FRACCA). He routinely advocates for contractors at the state Construction Industry Licensing Board and is active in molding contractor-friendly statutes, rules and regulations on the local and state levels. Trent has been recognized as one of the leading attorneys in the field by his peers and the construction industry and has received numerous honors and distinctions as identified below. He is the editor and primary author of the Amazon best-selling book OSHA Defense for the Construction Industry.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., Cum Laude
- University of Florida, B.A., Cum Laude
- Cotney Construction Law, Summer Associate, 2018, Associate Attorney, September 2019-Present
- The Fourth District Court of Appeal, Law Clerk for the Honorable Cory J. Ciklin May-July 2017.
- OSHA 10-hour Safety Training Certification
Honors and Activities
- Recipient of Book Award in Mediation, 2018
- Recipient of Book Award in Criminal Procedure, 2018
- Recipient of Book Award in Employment Discrimination, 2018
- Finalist, Alternative Dispute Resolution Final Four, University of Florida, 2017
- General Editor, Florida Journal of International Law, 2017-2019
- Public Relations Director, Alternative Dispute Resolution Team, 2018