Justin devotes his practice to all facets of construction law. He also represents clients in the areas commercial litigation, government contracts, landlord-tenant law and various transactional matters.
Prior to joining Cotney Construction Law, Justin spent several years as an Assistant Attorney General with the North Carolina Department of Justice’s Transportation Section, where he represented the North Carolina Department of Transportation (“NCDOT”) in matters against heavy-highway contractors and subcontractors. Justin is thoroughly familiar with the Standard Specifications and laws that govern the performance and rights of those performing on NCDOT projects. Justin’s current practice includes representing clients in NCDOT-related matters.
- Campbell University School of Law – J.D. / M.B.A.
- North Carolina State University – B.S., Construction Engineering and Management
- State of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court Western District of North Carolina
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- Carolinas Associated General Contractors
- Associated Builders and Contractors – Carolinas
- United Minority Contractors of North Carolina