Kyle is a Florida native, having been born in Lakeland, Florida, and moving to Lutz, Florida as a child. While growing up, his immediate family ran their own business, while his grandfather and uncles were heavily involved in the construction industry as electricians, electrical contractors, and general
contractors. Kyle left the state of Florida to attend Auburn University in Alabama. While attending Auburn University, Kyle met his wife, whose family of engineers run a construction company in Tennessee.
Prior to joining Cotney Construction Law, Kyle returned to Florida and worked as an Assistant State Attorney for Florida’s Sixth Judicial Circuit. Kyle spent nearly five years prosecuting felony, misdemeanor, and juvenile charges; prosecuting several first-degree felonies, and taking over twenty-five cases to trial.
Kyle utilizes his diverse background and courtroom experience, as well as an appreciation of the work that is put into the construction industry, in order to better represent his clients.
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D.
- Auburn University, B.A., cum laude
- Florida Bar (2013)
- Cotney Construction Law, LLP, Tampa, Florida, Associate Attorney, December 2017 – Present
- State Attorney’s Office, Sixth Judicial Circuit, New Port Richey, Florida Assistant State Attorney, August 2013 – December 2017
- Florida Office of the Attorney General, Office of Statewide Prosecution, Tampa, Florida, Legal Clerk and Legal Intern, May 2011-August 2011
- Phoenix Marketing International, Rhinebeck, New York, Market Research Analyst Intern, May 2009 – August 2009
Honors and Activities
- Dean’s list, 2006 – 2010
- National Society of Collegiate Scholars
- Delta Epsilon Iota Academic Honor Society
- National Scholars Honor Society
- Society of Leadership and Success
- Delta Chi Fraternity