Michael S. Litrenta brings extensive courtroom experience and trial advocacy to Cotney Construction Law. Mr. Litrenta began his legal career as a prosecutor practicing in the Florida Keys before transitioning into criminal defense. As his career progressed, Mr. Litrenta added to his litigation skills by practicing in administrative law, construction law, general and auto liability, immigration law, medical malpractice, and worker’s compensation. Mr. Litrenta has the skill set, experience, and personal knowledge to be an effective advocate for you in court.
- Barry University School of Law, J.D.
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, B.S.
- Allen & Newman, Insurance Defense Lawyers, 2019
- Litrenta Law, PLLC, 2018-2019
- Dummit Fradin, 2017-2018
- Law Offices of Hal Schuhmacher, P.A., 2012-2016
- Office of the State Attorney 16 th Judicial Circuit, 2010-2012
- Former President of the Monroe County Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40
- University of Florida Prosecutor and Public Defender Trial Advocacy Program
- Advanced Trial Skills Seminar
- Advanced Appellate Advocacy Seminar
- State of Florida
- State of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Western District of North Carolina
- U.S. Courts of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- National Business Institute, Presenter, Advanced Trial Tactics, June 28, 2018
- National Business Institute, Presenter, The Rules of Evidence: A Practical Toolkit, November 30, 2018
- National Business Institute, Presenter, Voir Dire and Jury Selection, National Business Institute, November 22, 2019
Selected Professional and Civic Activities
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association