She later returned to Florida Coastal and received her LLM in Logistics and Transportation, with honors, in 2015. Rachel strives to use her knowledge and experience to help the firm’s clients. Her practice includes all areas of construction law including contractor licensing defense, OSHA defense, and construction litigation.
Before joining Cotney Construction Law, Rachel worked for the Florida Office of the Attorney General where she represented several different regulatory boards, including the Construction Industry Licensing Board. Prior to working for the Attorney General’s Office, Rachel worked for a statewide full-service civil defense firm working mainly on workers’ compensation defense and general insurance defense.
Rachel is a Florida native, having grown up in Tallahassee. She has ties to the construction industry through her grandfather who worked as a general contractor, as well as through several other family members who worked as contractors throughout the state.
- Florida Coastal School of Law, LLM Logistics and Transportation, Magna Cum Laude
- Florida Coastal School of Law, JD
- Florida State University, BS
- Tallahassee Community College, AS
- Tallahassee Community College, AA
- Certificate in Transportation Regulation
- Florida Office of the Attorney General, 2008 – 2018, Assistant Attorney General
- Walton Lantaff Schroeder & Carson LLP, 2005 – 2008, Associate Attorney
- Phipps & Howell, 2005, Summer Associate
- Law Office of Dean C. Kowalchyk, P.A., 2003 – 2005, Associate Attorney
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida