Prior to joining Cotney Construction Law, Steven worked for a large insurance defense firm handling a wide array of practice areas ranging from trucking accident defense, premises liability, environmental law, coverage opinions, and contract disputes. He earned his Juris Doctorate from Stetson University College of Law with an Environmental Law Certificate of Concentration. During his time in law school, Steven was selected as an editor of the Journal of International Wildlife Law & Policy and served as a court-appointed Guardian ad Litem.
- Stetson University College of Law, J.D., Certification of Concentration in Environmental Law
- University of Florida, B.A, Environmental Policy Specialization
- Cole, Scott & Kissane, 2018 – 2020, Associate Attorney
- Environmental Protection Commission of Hillsborough County, 2016, Law Clerk
- Florida Bar
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida